USF Libraries just signed a contract for the SAGE Video Education Collection in August. These videos offer content about teaching and learning topics ranging from early childhood education to educational leadership, discussing how to apply theory to practice. Much of the material …
Category: Education News
A recent report by the AFT, A Decade of Neglect, outlines the effects of austerity agendas and disinvestment in public schools that has sparked a wave of teacher walkouts and shortages around the country. See also the video highlighting the main points of the report.
ATLE’s signature event returns for 2019! Our two day event Summer Teaching Symposium (STS) will take place on May 8-9, 2019. This year’s title is “Teaching: The Next Generation,” where we will investigate:
- How do we reach today’s Gen Z student?
- How can we improve teamwork in our courses?
- How can we incorporate critical thinking and creative problem solving?
- How can we enhance student communication skills?
- How do we develop globally and culturally competent thinkers?
Our goal is to shape students’ success beyond the classroom and into the workplace of the future.
There’s always a “fun” theme too – this year will be Star Trek. Register now: https://usf.az1.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_dgyn44u5FTEBAZT