In response to the impacts of COVID-19 on academic instruction, a laptop loan program has been launched to support students who lack adequate computing resources. Due to a limited inventory of suitable laptops, we need the assistance of the entire USF student success community to identify and prioritize potential borrowers.
5-Hour Laptop Checkout
A limited number of laptops on the Tampa campus are available for use within the library for a loan period of up to five hours.
- Laptop use is restricted to USF students and faculty with a current USF ID
- Laptops may not leave the Library building
- Laptops are available on a first-come-first served basis
- Laptops not returned on time are subjects to current fine practices
- No additional software is to be downloaded to the laptop once it has been checked
Long-Term Laptop Checkout
A limited number of laptops on the Tampa campus are available to students and faculty with a current USF ID, as a temporary resource, for a long-term checkout for up to one complete semester.
- Submit a Laptop Loan Request via this form: https://lib.usf.edu/forms/laptop-loan-request/.
- Reservations for a long-term laptop checkout will open from January 3, 2022 – January 15, 2022, or until the supply is committed.
- Requests can be made on the behalf of a student by completing the form with the student’s U number.
- Students are eligible for one long term laptop checkout in a twelve-month period.
- Long-term laptops are to be returned by the last day of a semester, regardless of initial checkout date.
- No additional software is to be downloaded to the laptop once it has been checked out to the student.
St. Petersburg campus
Students can borrow a laptop from the Nelson Poynter Memorial Library by:
- Laptops for Off-site Use
- Calling 727-873-4405; or
- Sending an email to USF St. Petersburg Library Circulation
Students can borrow a laptop by: