Filming in USF Library buildings may not interfere with building operations and requires prior approval. The Libraries reserve the right to terminate any filming or photography that causes disturbance, violates Libraries or University policies or regulations, or endangers the health and safety of library patrons and/or staff.
University Departments, Faculty, Current Students, and Registered Student Organizations
Request approval at least 72 hours in advance by emailing the appropriate contact:
Please include the following details in your request:
- Purpose of filming (class project, promotional video, etc.)
- How will content be used? (Where and to whom will it be made available for viewing)
- Date and time you would like to film
- Specific areas within the library where you would like to film (Please note, footage or voice recordings of special collections or library employees is not permitted and requires additional approval)
- Number of people involved in filming
If you are a member of the media and would like to interview a library expert or need b-roll footage or images from the USF libraries in Tampa, St. Petersburg, or Sarasota-Manatee, please contact Zibby Wilder, email@example.com.
Third Parties Filming for Commercial Use
The university requires third parties shooting video for commercial use to agree to a waiver of liability and to carry insurance while they are shooting on campus. They must have clearance and provide the documentation beforehand.