If you have books, DVDs, CDs, or similar materials that need to be returned to the USF Libraries, we are asking that you please hold onto your items. Your due dates will be modified accordingly when normal business operations resume. You may also opt to renew your items online.
To check the status of the items that you have borrowed from the USF Tampa Library (including UBorrow items), and to renew any of those items, log in to your Library account using:
- your Library ID number, and
- the 4-digit PIN that goes with it.
Unsure as to what your ID or PIN is?
Library ID: Your Library ID number is a 14-digit number that starts with 205. You will find this number on the bottom left side of your USFCard.
Library account PIN: Your PIN is a 4-digit number. It is originally set to either your month and day of birth (for instance, if your birthday is February 29, then your PIN would be 0229), or 1234.
If neither PIN works with your Library ID number, please call the USF Tampa Library at 813-974-2729 to have your PIN reset. Once you have successfully logged in to your Library account, you can change your PIN to any 4-digit number you prefer.
Once you have logged in to your Library account, you will see the following options:
- Select loans/renewals to see all items checked out to you from the USF Tampa Library and the UBorrow Service, and to renew any of them.
- Select requests to see items that you have requested through Hold/Recall, UBorrow, or InterLibrary Loan (ILL).
- Select my account to see activity on your Library account or to change
your Library account PIN. NEW! Learn how to avoid fines with text alerts »
If you have equipment such as cameras and other items checked out from the Digital Media Commons (DMC), do not use the book returns for these items. When the USF Tampa Library reopens, return the items to the Library Services Desk, and any fines due to late returns will be amended.
I have items checked out from the library. Can I renew or return them?
Items with earlier due dates have already been extended with a new due date of December 11, 2020. This includes laptops and UBorrow items.
- Use the Libraries’ exterior book drop boxes to return your library materials
- USF Library, Tampa Campus: Book drop boxes are located at the front of the library and in the student parking lot south of the library building
- USF Library, St. Petersburg Campus: A book drop box is located on the Bayboro side of the library building
- USF Library, Sarasota-Manatee Campus borrowers should contact the Information Commons for instructions
- For laptops that need to be returned or renewed, please contact the appropriate campus Circulating Department below
- Returned items may remain on your record for up to 7 days before being processed, but will be backdated at check-in.