How to Check Out Equipment:
Check items out at the DMC Desk on the first floor.
Patrons must present a valid USF ID to checkout equipment and equipment must be returned within 72 hours. Some guidelines:
- Equipment is checked-out on a first-come-first-served basis and must be done in-person.
- If patrons are not active USF students for the current semester, they must present their OASIS class registration for the upcoming semester.
- The equipment loan period is 3 days, and is due back 15 minutes before the DMC closes on that day.
- There is a late fee of $5 per hour, per item, if patrons do not return equipment on time.
- There will be no checkouts in the 15 minute period before the DMC closes.
- Patrons may only check out one unique type of device at a time (e.g. you can check out one Canon T5i, one Zoom Audio Recorder, etc).
- This means you could theoretically check out one of every item from the Digital Media Commons, just no duplicates (e.g. you could not check out two Canon T5i’s or two Rode Shotgun Microphones at the same given time, only one of each).
- No renewals are allowed; there is a 24 hour waiting period for an additional request for the same item type.
- All equipment and its components must be present at return, otherwise they will not be checked back in.
- If an item is returned and there is a component of the bag missing, damaged, lost, or stolen, the patron will be held responsible for the costs of the equipment.
- Students, faculty, and staff are responsible for the equipment they check out. All equipment is inspected by library staff prior to check-out to ensure that it is in good operational condition.
- The library will determine the replacement, repair, and processing charges should the equipment be lost, stolen or damaged, to be applied to the student’s account.
- Overdue items will be considered lost; replacement and processing charges may be applied to the student’s account. This may result in denial of library borrowing privileges, including future checkouts of DMC equipment.
Photo / Video
Sony FDR-AX100 4K Ultra HD Camcorder
Loan includes camcorder, 64GB SD memory card, shoe adapter, USB transfer cable and charging cable.
Loan includes camera, 32GB SD memory card, USB transfer cable and charging cable/adapter.
Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ300 Digital Camera
Loan includes camera, 16GB SD memory card, USB transfer cable and battery charger.
Panasonic Lumix DC-ZS70 Digital Camera
Loan includes camera, 32GB SD memory card, USB transfer cable and charging block.
BlackMagic Pocket Cinema Camera
Loan includes camera, 64GB SD memory card, USB transfer cable and charging cable.
NOTE: This camera is solely designed for recording video. For photographic needs, check out our
Canon Rebel T5i Camera.
Ricoh Theta S/SC Spherical VR Digital Camera
Loan includes Ricoh Theta 360 digital camera, USB transfer cable
and hard case.
All of our lenses are only compatible with Canon EF-S and EF lens mounts. They cannot be used on other cameras without an appropriate adapter mount.
Canon 18-135mm f/3.5-5.6 IS STM EF-S
A step up from the standard 18-55mm Canon lens, this zoom lens is useful for a wide variety of purposes.
Canon 70-300mm f/4-5.6 IS EF
A near-silent telephoto zoom lens, the Canon 70-300mm is fantastic for all your long range needs.
Canon 60mm f/2.8 Macro EF-S
Handy to have for portraiture, this prime lens is also great for close-up shots.
Canon 50mm f/1.8 EF
This prime lens is fantastic for portraits, with a very wide aperture of f/1.8.
Canon 10-22mm f/3.5-4.5 EF-S
A wide-angle zoom lens ideal for landscape photography, as well as night photography.
Zoom H1 Handy Portable Audio Recorder
Loan includes recorder, soft case, lavalier mic, mini tripod, windscreen and USB cable.
Loan includes recorder, 4GB MicroSD, and USB trasnfer cable.
Loan includes receiver, belt-pack transmitter, and lavalier microphone. Will connect to any 3.5mm input.
Wacom Intuos Art Medium
Lightweight and portable tablet to draw onto your computer screen!
Requires driver install from Wacom’s website.
Wacom Cintiq 27QHD
The Cintiq is perfect for artists who want to draw directly onto a canvas. It is supported by programs such as Clip Studio Paint and Adobe Photoshop.
This is only available inside the DMC lab during operating hours.
Canon Speedlite 430EX III-RT DSLR Flash
Loan includes Canon Speedlite, soft case, tripod mount, and diffuser.
Generay LED 7100T
Loan includes Genaray LED Light, soft case, battery/battery charger, charging cable, ball-head mount, and diffuser.
Impact 32″ Collapsible Reflector
Raya 5-in-1 42″ Collapsible Reflector
A small, bendable tripod that screws onto a standard camera mount.
Vanguard VEO Monopod
A handy and useful monopod mount for videography, and attaches to the universal camera mount.
GoPro WiFi Remote
Loan includes Wifi Remote and USB charging cable.
GoPro Suction Cup Mount
Loan includes suction mount, and mounting screw.
GoPro Accessory Pack
Includes Head Mount, Chest Mount, and Tripod Adapter
REVO Selfie Stick
Loan includes selfie stick, GoPro tripod adapter, cellphone mount adapter, and GoPro thumb screw.
Panasonic Shoe Adapter
Loan includes shoe adapter for the Panasonic HC-V720 Camcorder.
Revo SR-1000 Shoulder Rig
A lightweight stabilizer useful for videography, and attaches to the universal camera mount.