Due to a 2020 Florida State legislative mandate, all Florida public college and university libraries are adopting an integrated, shared library catalog/discovery tool in July 2021. The look and feel of the USF Libraries website, catalog, and discovery search interface will not drastically change, but the underlying platform will improve access and management of academic library collections. Specifically, this new shared catalog will provide:
- A shared catalog of library holdings enabling users to search materials owned by any public college or university in Florida
- Ability to search a statewide collection of over 400,000 online journals, e-books, and other valuable resources
- Access to more than 150,000 unique digital archive items and increased capacity to search and access local digital collections
- A statewide open educational community to promote and support textbook affordability and Open Educational Resources (OER’s).
As USF Libraries transitions to this new system, some changes will occur fairly soon:
- April 30
- UBorrow requesting will be temporarily paused Friday night, April 30thuntil the change in mid-July. Please use Interlibrary Loan for all Uborrow requests.
- May 27
- No new items will be added to the library catalog until migration is completed in mid-July. If you have an item for your class that needs to be added to reserves, please see our Course Reserves page for contact information on your campus.
- July 9-12
- Online book renewal will be temporarily unavailable, please contact library directly to renew materials.
- Search and Checkout of library materials will be unchanged but item availability listed in the catalog may not be up-to-date.
- Find it/ Articles + and individual databases will not be impacted.
- July 13
- New ILS go-live date.
- Library links to book and E-book catalog records in Canvas courses and on LibGuides will need to be updated.
- New and improved access to:
- Journal Search
- USF Library Catalog
- Statewide Catalog
- Your personal Library Account
- UBORROW Reinstatement
- SUMMER 2021
- Online training materials available for new interfaces
- September 31st
- Permalinks to old system no longer in service, please contact your subject librarian if you have trouble locating any material
Please check this site for updates as the USF Libraries transitions to the new system. If you have questions or concerns, please use our general Questions & Comments form.