warning Fall 2020 COVID-19 Restrictions:
During Fall 2020 hours of operation, all patrons who enter must be currently enrolled students, faculty or staff and they must have a valid USF ID to swipe in. Patrons not having a valid USF ID in their possession will not be able to enter or remain in the library and a facial covering/mask is required at all times while in the building.
By using our retrieval requests Alumni and Special Borrowers can request items from their HOME campus Circulating and Media Collections to be shipped to their home address.
Please allow up to 24 hours or one business day for items to be processed.
USF Faculty/Staff/Students should submit all requests through ILL- lib.usf.edu/ill/
USF Libraries Electronic Services
warning Remote/off-campus access to article and book databases is only available to current USF students and employees.
Need help? Ask a Librarian: Reference services are available via the Library Services desk, telephone, email, and online chat. Visit help for more information »
Borrowing Services for USF Alumni
|Book Borrowing||Loan Period||Max Items||Media Allowed||ILL Services?|
|USF Presidents Council||3 weeks||20||Yes||No|
|USF Alumni Association||3 Weeks||10||No||No|
USF Tampa Campus Library
The Learning Commons offers computer workstations, scanners and printers for public use. In addition, the Tampa campus library is a designated Government Document repository. Information regarding other services are listed below:
- Copy Services: InterLibrary Loan provides community requestors with photocopies of materials. Our trained staff can scan or photocopy materials from the USF Tampa campus and USF St. Petersburg campus Libraries physical collections. Materials can be emailed, mailed or faxed. Service charges begin at $5.00 per article. Please contact ILL for more information »
- Special Borrower’s Card: Special Borrower’s Cards allow non-affiliated individuals to check out Library resources for a nominal fee. Call Library Services for more information at (813) 974-1611 or start the process here »
- Special Collections: The Tampa Library’s Special Collections offer visitors the opportunity to research unique and rare historic materials. For hours and research assistance, call (813) 974-2731 or click here for more information »
USF St. Petersburg campus Library
- Printing and Photocopying – Use of copier/printer available only with assistance of STC (Student Technology Center) staff. Please check with Center staff for hours.
- Computer Access – Alumni who present a current USF Alumni ID card can be logged on to the one affiliate library computer for short term use.
- Wireless Access – Wireless access is provided to visitors and guests of the USF St. Petersburg campus library who do not have a NetID.
- Special Collections – Access to the Nelson Poynter Memorial Library Special Collections is available by appointment only. See: lib.stpetersburg.usf.edu/special-collections for more information.
- Public Events – USF St. Petersburg campus Alumni are welcome to enjoy the library’s events such as faculty lectures, book talks, and more. To find about upcoming library events, follow us on Facebook: Poynter Library on Facebook
- Special Borrower’s Card – For a nominal donation, Special Borrowers’ Cards allow non-affiliated individuals to check out items from the Library’s circulating print collection. Members of the USF Alumni Association with a current Alumni card can also check out materials from the print circulating collection. Call the Library at (727) 873-4405 for further information.
USF Sarasota-Manatee campus Information Commons
- Wireless Access – Wireless access is provided to visitors and guests of the USF Sarasota Manatee campus Information Commons who do not have a NetID.
- ADA Services
- Borrowing Materials
- Checkout & Renewing Materials
- Support USF Libraries
- Computer Use
- Parking & Directions