USF Libraries Electronic Services
Remote/off-campus access to article and book databases is only available to current USF students and employees.
Need help? Ask a Librarian: Research services are available via the Library Services desk, telephone, email, and online chat. Visit help for more information »
Alumni and Special Borrowers
|Book Borrowing||Loan Period||Max Items||Media Allowed||ILL Services?|
|USF Presidents Council||3 weeks||20||Yes||No|
|USF Alumni Association Life Membership||3 weeks||10||Yes||No|
|Special Borrower’s Card||3 weeks||10||No||No|
USF Tampa Campus LibraryThe Learning Commons offers computer workstations, scanners and printers for public use. In addition, the Tampa campus library is a designated Government Document repository. Information regarding other services are listed below:
- Special Borrower’s Card: A special Borrower’s Card allows the user to borrow materials from the USF Tampa library’s circulating book collection and government documents. Regional campus library privileges are not available with this card. To obtain a Special Borrower’s Card, please fill out this form.
- Special Collections: The Tampa Library’s Special Collections offer visitors the opportunity to research unique and rare historic materials. For hours and research assistance, call (813) 974-2731 or click here for more information »
USF St. Petersburg campus Library
- Printing and Photocopying – Use of copier/printer available only with assistance of STC (Student Technology Center) staff. Please check with Center staff for hours.
- Computer Access – Alumni who present a current USF Alumni ID card can be logged on to the one affiliate library computer for short term use.
- Wireless Access – Wireless access is provided to visitors and guests of the USF St. Petersburg campus library who do not have a NetID.
- Special Collections – Access to the Nelson Poynter Memorial Library Special Collections is available by appointment only. See: lib.stpetersburg.usf.edu/special-collections for more information.
- Public Events – USF St. Petersburg campus Alumni are welcome to enjoy the library’s events such as faculty lectures, book talks, and more. To find about upcoming library events, follow us on Facebook: Poynter Library on Facebook
- Special Borrower’s Card – For a nominal donation, Special Borrowers’ Cards allow non-affiliated individuals to check out items from the Library’s circulating print collection. Members of the USF Alumni Association with a current Alumni card can also check out materials from the print circulating collection. Call the Library at (727) 873-4405 for further information.
USF Sarasota-Manatee campus Information Commons
- Wireless Access – Wireless access is provided to visitors and guests of the USF Sarasota Manatee campus Information Commons who do not have a NetID.
- ADA Services
- Borrowing Materials
- Make a Retrieval Request
- Checkout & Renewing Materials
- Support USF Libraries
- Computer Use
- Parking & Directions