- USF Researchers Use HighTech Tools To Help Determine Age of Old Shipwreckopen_in_new
April 10, 2018 - WUSF NewsThe University of South Florida Libraries Digital Heritage and Humanities Collections help preserve the hull of a ship believed to be from the 1700's or 1800's that washed up on shore on Ponte Vedra Beach.
- USF archaeologists to 3D map Florida shipwreckopen_in_new
April 9, 2018 - ABC Action NewsUSF's Dr. Lori Collins and her team have been called in by state archaeologists to 3D scan the wooden schooner that may have sunk in the 1800s.
- 3D imaging & virtualization bring stories to life at the Tampa Bay History Center open_in_new
December 16, 2017 - Arts Tampa BayThe USF Libraries and their Digital Heritage and Humanities Collections (DHHC) Center are collaborating with the Tampa Bay History Center to bring museum collections and historical stories to life using new and immersive 3D imaging and virtualization techniques.
- Florida Matters: The Sinkhole Stateopen_in_new
August 22, 2017 - WUSF NewsLori Collins, USF lead researcher, is involved in a special partnership between a team of USF scientists and Pasco County to study the Pasco sinkhole and create 3-D models of it to learn from in the future.
- Experts study massive Pasco sinkhole for clues to avoid the next oneopen_in_new
August 11, 2017 - Tampa Bay TimesUSF researchers are mapping sinkhole formations located around the Land O' Lakes community as Land O' Lakes residents look for answers about what happened on Lake Saxon.