The open access (OA) movement gives both publishers and readers the power to freely promote worldwide access to information, creating a true global reach for research. DSS is proud to support USF Libraries’ open access initiatives.
With more than 16 million downloads from over 200 different countries, publications on Scholar Commons reach the global research community. Through Scholar Commons, we publish OA textbooks, conference proceedings, graduate theses and dissertations, and more. We also host OA journals, covering a variety of subjects from English literature to military cyber affairs. Our support focuses on projects with direct links to the University of South Florida through its faculty, students, programs, centers, or institutes. As a service to the research community, USF Libraries’ commitment to true open access of scholarly information extends to authors. This means that there are no article or submission charges for OA publications hosted on or published in Scholar Commons.
To learn more about the open access content housed on Scholar Commons, please explore our collections.
To apply for conference hosting support, please see our Conference Hosting Application at https://www.lib.usf.edu/dss/conference-hosting-application/.
For any other questions, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Textbook Affordability Project
The Textbook Affordability Project (TAP) promotes awareness of textbook affordability issues and provides solutions to ensure that course materials are up-to-date and satisfy academic needs, while remaining affordable to students. TAP finds potential open access textbooks for students and faculty to freely use, and also coordinates with Scholar Commons’ Open Access Textbooks collection.
Browse some of our Scholar Commons collections:
- All Collections
- Graduate Theses and Dissertations
- Conferences and Events Collection
- Projects Collection
- Featured Projects
- Textbook Collection
- USF Faculty Publications
- Expert Gallery
Browse our open access journals:
- ABO: Interactive Journal for Women in the Arts, 1640-1830
- Alambique: Revista académica de ciencia ficción y fantasia / Jornal acadêmico de ficção científica e fantasía
- Genocide Studies and Prevention: An International Journal
- International Journal of Speleology
- Journal of African Conflicts and Peace Studies
- Journal of Ecological Anthropology
- Journal of Global Business Insights
- Journal of Global Education and Research
- Journal of Practitioner Research
- Journal of Public Transportation
- Journal of Strategic Security
- Journal of Transportation Demand Management Research
- Military Cyber Affairs
- Peace and Conflict Management Review
- Revista Surco Sur
- Statistics in Volcanology
- Studia UBB Geologia
- Suburban Sustainability
- Sunland Tribune
- Undergraduate Journal of Mathematical Modeling: One + Two