To support the strategic goals of the University of South Florida, the consolidated USF Libraries will achieve a level of excellence supporting our aspiration to become a member of the Association of Research Libraries (ARL).
- Develop Distinctive Collections: Develop and promote distinctive and deeply curated research collections of demonstrated value to institutional and global research communities
- 1.1 Advance consideration of a USF Libraries center for digital heritage and spatial collections
- 1.2 Design and implement a long-term technology strategy to support digital collections of distinction
- Enhance Service Models: Establish a service profile employing emerging methodologies and digital tools to deliver a) innovative, high-impact support for discipline-based and multidisciplinary research among faculty and graduate students and b) efficient, high-impact support for undergraduate student success
- 2.1 Recruit two librarians, one to lead a Research Platform Team (RPT) serving the Muma College of Business and one to lead an RPT to support digital humanities research
- 2.2 Launch the proposed undergraduate success service model in collaboration with Student Success
- Increase Research Contributions: Increase the volume and impact of research contributions to the profession
- 3.1 Support faculty librarians and other professionals to submit one peer-reviewed article or equivalent publication per year
Strategic Goals Archive
Mission and Strategic Goals for 2013 – 2018
The USF Libraries strengthen and enhance the teaching, learning, research and service missions of the University by delivering exceptional and innovative services; employing robust information resource management and delivery strategies; and establishing rich partnerships to drive creation and dissemination of new scholarship for our knowledge-driven global environment.
Strategic Goal 1:
Expand information management services for scholarly communication and inter-disciplinary research, teaching and learning.
Strategic Goal 2:
Acquire and preserve collections of national distinction in targeted inter-disciplinary fields, reflecting institutional strategic directions.
Strategic Goal 3:
Sustain and expand a library instruction program in collaboration with faculty which is continuously assessed for its effectiveness and impact on student academic success.
Strategic Goal 4:
Continuously improve library operations, facilities, services, programs, and collections to better meet the research, teaching and learning needs of faculty, staff, and students.