There are two main ways items are gathered by reserve staff to fulfill a request:
A. Library staff pull the item(s) from the general collection.
- If library owned items are currently checked out, the reserves staff will recall the items back from patrons.
- If the library does NOT own the item:
- ELECTRONIC REQUEST (Articles, Book Chapters): We will acquire the materials from Inter-Library Loan and make the PDF available on Canvas.
- HARD COPY (DVD, BOOKS): Acquisitions will consider purchasing a new copy to be available to students.
B. Instructors supply the reserves department with the item temporarily by any of the following:
- Uploading a file.
- Bringing a personal copy to the library (books, DVD’s, packets).
- Linking the request to a website.
Once the request is received and the fulfillment method is established, it will go into the respective status on the table below:
|Status||Explanation of Status|
|Awaiting Reserves Processing||Request has been received by USF Course Reserves.|
|Awaiting Information from Faculty||The information provided was not enough to find the desired item. Instructor will be contacted for more information.|
|Awaiting Recall Processing||The item in the request is currently checked out. We will retrieve item and then fulfill the request.|
|Awaiting Acquisitions Fulfillment||USF Library is considering purchasing new copy of item.|
|Awaiting Supply by Instructor||The Instructor will be bringing the item to the library.|
|Item Available at Reserve Desk||Items has been fully processed and can be used by students in the library.|
|Item Available on Electronic Reserve||Items has been fully processed and can be used by students on Canvas.|
This status can be seen by students and faculty on the “USF Library Course Reserves” home page after a request is made.