Message sent on behalf of Todd Chavez, Dean of the USF Libraries, to all USF faculty.
Dear USF Colleagues,
Due to a recent legislative mandate, all Florida public college and university libraries are migrating to a new integrated, shared library catalog/discovery tool in July 2021. The “look and feel” of the USF Libraries website, catalog, and discovery search interface will not drastically change, but the underlying platform will improve access to and management of academic library collections.
Specifically, this new shared catalog will provide:
- A shared catalog of library holdings enabling users to search materials owned by any public college or university in Florida.
- Ability to search a statewide collection of over 400,000 online journals, e-books, and other valuable resources (access is tied to institutional ownership).
- Access to more than 150,000 unique digital archive items and increased capacity to search and access local digital collections.
- A statewide open educational community to promote and support textbook affordability and Open Educational Resources (OER’s).
As USF Libraries transitions to the new system, some changes will occur in the coming weeks:
- As of May 1, U-borrow will be temporarily suspended, BUT book requests will automatically be redirected to ILLIAD, the USF interlibrary loan system, until the new catalog is in place.
- As of May 27, no new items will be added to the library catalog until the transition to the new catalog is completed.
- By mid-July the changeover to the new system will take place.
Please check https://lib.usf.edu/collections-and-discovery/new-catalog-and-discovery-migration/ for updates and changes as the USF Libraries transition to the new system. We hope to address any of your questions or concerns through a “Comments” form on the site. Thank you for your patience as we make this change as seamless for you as possible.