Workshops for Researchers
This series of virtual and in-person workshops will help faculty and graduate students take their research to the next level.
Info + Data Literacy Workshops
These canvas workshops represent a curated instructional experience which can enrich any lower or upper-level course with a research component. Assign one or more self-guided Canvas workshop to students directly or in collaboration with your librarian.
The Canvas workshops and instructional videos can be accessed via:
- A-Z Workshop List: Browse all workshops and their associated learning outcomes, level of difficulty, discipline, and theme. Identify those that best meet your curricular needs, and assign one or more workshops to students directly.
How Faculty Can Use
Students that complete the Information + Data Literacy Canvas workshops can demonstrate their accomplishments by earning a digital badge. The opportunity to earn a badge provides a:
- Tangible incentive for the student completion,
- Mechanism for professors to verify completion, and
- Integrates student completion badge in platforms such as LinkedIn & Handshake. Also used by the Career Services Career Readiness program.
Students earn a badge for a workshop if they complete all quizzes and graded activities in the workshop with a score of at least 60%. Upon successful completion, a badge will be automatically emailed to the student. Students can share with faculty via email or upload the file to their Canvas course to verify completion of each individual workshop. Faculty may also offer extra credit for completion of these workshops.
To complete these workshops, it is recommended that students use a desktop or laptop computer that is able to play sound.
For technical support, please contact the workshop creator who is listed on the Welcome page of each Canvas workshops. For additional questions, please contact the librarian at your home campus:
- Tampa: Stephanie Jacobs, Instructional Design Librarian, email@example.com
- St. Petersburg: Theresa Burress, Assistant Director, Research & Instruction, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Sarasota-Manatee: Jessica Szempruch, email@example.com
Faculty who would like Canvas tutorials customized for their use should contact their liaison librarian. Requests for collaborative development of workshops and other instructional resources to meet your curricular needs are welcome and encouraged. Please contact the librarian at your home campus: