The health and safety of the USF community is a shared responsibility. The USF Libraries have carefully devised a plan and safety protocols for your return this Spring semester. It is our mission to support students and faculty in their journey to keep learning, teaching and researching in a safe environment.
Seating Reservation System – NEW!
You must reserve your study space at the Tampa Campus and the St. Petersburg Campus in the new USF Libraries Seating Reservation System. Keep your physical distance and check occupancy online before you arrive. Because the Seat Reservation System requires login with a USF NetID, students from other Florida state universities and colleges that need access to the building for study should contact the library’s circulation desk and request a reserved seat. We will then go into the system and book a seat for you.
If you are trying to book a seat reservation and receiving the “No Equipment Has Been Setup” message, please use your web browser and go to lib.usf.edu and click the Seat Reservations button to reserve your seat. If you were in your MyUSF and clicked Library Services there is an issue between the MyUSF page and the Spaces reservation server that causes this problem.
Take advantage of the Libraries’ online services whenever possible to limit contact. It is a healthy and safe way to accomplish your research and study needs.
Continue remote study, research and learning
- The USF Libraries electronic resources are available 24/7; Log in for full access
Course & Subject Online Guides
- Quick & customized access to USF Libraries content
USF Campus: Tampa | St. Petersburg | Sarasota-Manatee
Research Consultation Request
- Virtually meet with a librarian to save time & learn about specialized research resources USF Campus: Tampa | St. Petersburg | Sarasota-Manatee
In order to meet the demands of deep cleaning and refreshing, the Libraries have adjusted their hours for the Spring 2021 term:
warning When you visit any of the Libraries you have new personal responsibilities:
- Carry your USF ID Card whenever you are on campus
- Swipe-access with your USF ID Card to enter the Libraries on the Tampa and St. Petersburg Campuses; only current students, staff and faculty allowed entrance
- Wear a face mask at all times while you are inside the USF Libraries
- Sanitize your space; wipe your workspace when you first arrive and before you leave
- Practice physical distancing and stay at least 6 feet apart; no group study
- Wash your hands frequently for at least 20 seconds
- Follow the one-way directional “flow” signs throughout the building
- Use the stairs whenever possible; limit the number of people in the library elevators
- Be kind and considerate to others as we all work towards a healthy library and campus return
A Healthier Space
- Expanded outdoor seating provides an ideal space to eat, drink, and breathe fresh air
- Sanitization stations are available throughout the libraries
- New signage has been installed throughout the USF Libraries to remind you of best practices to prevent the spread of the coronavirus
- Furniture has been positioned for physical distancing and should not be moved
Plexiglass at library service points allow us to continue to provide high quality library services
- Access to collections
- Students can now borrow library laptops for the full semester
- Textbook Reserves: up to 15% of your course materials may be scanned and made electronically available. Copyright restrictions may apply. Print textbook reserves are limited at this time
- Interlibrary Loan & Pronto: Borrow materials from other libraries or have articles & chapters in the library scanned and emailed to you
Renewing and Returning
- Renew materials online
- Use the Libraries’ exterior book drop boxes to return your library materials
- USF Library, Tampa Campus: Book drop boxes are located at the front of the library and in the student parking lot south of the library building
- USF Library, St. Petersburg Campus: A book drop box is located on the Bayboro side of the library building
- USF Library, Sarasota-Manatee Campus borrowers should contact the Information Commons for instructions
Questions about borrowing and returning library materials?
Hathi Trust Emergency Temporary Access Service program:
While the library was closed in 2020, Hathi Trust assisted libraries with bridging access to print collections for several months. During that time, the USF Libraries were not permitted to loan print materials from the collection that are also in Hathi Trust. Once the library reopened, Hathi Trust shut off access to the library’s print titles on their platform, effective August 24. Patrons are able to check out the print materials by requesting them via mail or retrieving them in the building.
USF Tampa Library
- Starbucks is not yet reopening while they remodel to provide a separate entrance. Once that remodel is completed, service will be grab-and go and can be enjoyed outside in the front of the library or in the park south of the building local_cafe
USF St. Petersburg Library
- Student Tech Center: Student technology support is available on-site in the USF St. Petersburg Library:
- Mon-Thurs. 9 a.m. – 6 p.m
- Fri 9 a.m – 5 p.m.
- Library Deck: Wi-Fi access has been expanded to the exterior library decks
USF Sarasota-Manatee Library Services
- Library Services are provided through Information Commons
If there is something you need that is not listed, please make suggestions for services to add.