Here are the latest arrivals for the month of December. As always, circulating books are located in the New Books shelves in the back of the room. Reference and Faculty Publications are shelved immediately in their proper stacks.
To note, we received several great things this past month. We received education textbooks as donations for example. As well, several of our new books were suggestions from our new faculty members (we welcome your recommendations). Last, but not least, we received four books authored by USFP faculty members Drs. Ralph Fehr, Cecil Greek, Maria Cecilia do Nascimento Nunes and Cynthia Patterson. All are available for perusing in the USF Polytechnic Faculty Publications Special Collection.
Special Collection Faculty Publication
- Art for the Middle Classes: America’s Illustrated Magazines of the 1840s / Cynthia Lee Patterson. Jackson [Miss.] : University Press of Mississippi, 2010.
Special Collection Faculty Publication NC975 .P38 2010
- Monsters in and among us : toward a Gothic criminology / edited by Caroline Joan (Kay) Picart and Cecil Greek. Madison [N.J.] : Fairleigh Dickinson University Press, c2007.
Special Collections – Faculty Publications PN1995.9.P57 M66 2007
- Color Atlas of Postharvest Quality of Fruits and Vegetables / Maria Cecilia do Nascimento Nunes. Ames, Iowa : Blackwell Pub., 2008.
Special Collection Faculty Publication SB360 .N95 2008
- Industrial Power Distribution / Ralph E. Fehr III. Upper Saddle River, NJ : Prentice Hall, c2002.
Special Collection Faculty Publication TK4035.F3 F43 2002
- Civil engineering handbook. /Urquhart, Leonard Church 1886- ed . 4th ed. New York, McGraw-Hill, 1959.
Reference TA145 .U7 1959
- Technoethics and the Evolving Knowledge Society: Ethical Issues in Technological Design, Research, Development, and Innovation / Rocci Luppicini. Hershey, PA : Information Science Reference, c2010.
BJ59 .L87 2010
- In Good Company: The Fast track from the Corporate world to Poverty, Chastity, and Obedience / James Martin. Lanham, MD : Sheed & Ward, c2010.
BX4705.M41243 A3 2010
- Having Our Say: The Delany Sisters’ First 100 Years / Sarah and A. Elizabeth Delany ; with Amy Hill Hearth. New York : Kodansha International, 1993.
E185.96 .D37 1993
- Material World: A Global Family Portrait / created by Peter Menzel ; text by Charles Mann ; introduction by Paul Kennedy. San Francisco : Sierra Club Books, 1994.
GN406 .M45 1994
- Green : your place in the new energy revolution / Jane Hoffman and Michael Hoffman. New York : Palgrave Macmillan, 2008.
HC110.E5 H625 2008
- Handbook of Leadership Theory and Practice: An HBS Centenial Colloquium on Advancing Leadership / edited by Nitin Nohria, Rakesh Khurana. Boston, Mass. : Harvard Business Press, c2010
HD57.7 .H3564 2010
- Corporate Lattice: Achieving High Performance in the Changing World of Work / Cathleen Benko, Molly Anderson. Boston, Mass. : Harvard Business Review Press, c2010.
HD58.9 .B448 2010
- The whuffie factor : using the power of social networks to build your business/ Tara Hunt. New York : Crown Business, 2009.
HD69.S8 H86 2009
- Googled: The end of the World as we know it / Ken Auletta. New York, N.Y. : Penguin Books, c2010.
HD9696.8.U64 G6623 2010
- In their own words : criminals on crime : an anthology / Paul Cromwell. 5th ed. New York : Oxford University Press, 2010.
HV6030 .I488 2010
- Observation skills for effective teaching / Gary D. Borich. 6th ed. Boston, MA : Allyn & Bacon/Pearson, c2011.
LB1027.28 .B67 2011
- Creating a Sense of Presence in Online Teaching: How to “Be There” For Distance Learners / Rosemary M. Lehman, Simone C. O. Conceição. San Francisco : Jossey-Bass, 2010.
LB1044.87 .L439 2010
- Strategies for reading assessment and instruction : helping every child succeed / D. Ray Reutzel, Robert B. Cooter, Jr. 4th ed. Boston, Mass. : Pearson, c2011.
LB1050 .R477 2011
- Instructing students who have literacy problems / Sandra McCormick, Jerry Zutell. 6th ed. Boston : Pearson, c2011.
LB1050.5 .M373 2011
- A resource guide for elementary school teaching : planning for competence / Patricia L. Roberts, Richard D. Kellough, Kay Moore. 7th ed. Boston : Pearson, c2011.
LB1555 .K39 2011
- Teaching the New Writing: Technology, Change, and Assessment in the 21st Century Classroom / Anne Herrington, Kevin Hodgson, Charles Moran, editors ; foreword by Elyse Eidman-Aadahl. New York : Teachers College Press ; Berkeley, CA : National Writing Project, c2009.
LB1576.7 .T45 2009
- Leadership : examining the elusive / edited by Linda T. Sheive and Marian B. Schoenheit. [Alexandria, Va.] : Association for Supervision and Curriculum Development, c1987.
LB2804 .A8 1987
- Handbook of visual analysis / edited by Theo Van Leeuwen and Carey Jewitt. London ; Thousand Oaks [Calif.] : SAGE, 2001.
P93.5 .H36 2001
- Scientific Data Management : Challenges, Technology, and Deployment / edited by Shoshani, Arie, Doron Rotem. Hoboken : CRC Press, 2009.
- Handbook of Research on Mathematics: Teaching and Learning / Douglas A. Grouws, editor. New York : Macmillan ; Toronto : Maxwell Macmillan Canada ; New York : Maxwell Macmillan International, c1992.
QA11 .H26 1992
- Empowering the Beginning Teacher of Mathematics in Middle School / edited by Michaele F. Chappell, Tina Pateracki. Reston, VA : National Council of Teachers of Mathematics, c2004.
QA11.2 .C43 2004
- Principles and Standards For School Mathematics / Reston, VA : National Council of Teachers of Mathematics, c2000.
QA13 .P735 2000
- Quality and Communicability For Interactive Hypermedia Systems: Concepts and Practices for Design / [edited by] Francisco V. Cipolla-Ficarra. Hershey, PA : Information Science Reference, c2010.
QA76.76.I59 Q35 2010
- iPhone for Programmers: An App-Driven Approach / Paul J. Deitel … [et al.]. Upper Saddle River, N.J. : Prentice Hall ; London : Pearson Education [distributor], c2010.
QA76.8.I64 I64 2010
- Tapworthy: Designing Great Phone Apps / Josh Clark. Beijing ; Cambridge [Mass.] : O’Reilly, c2010.
QA76.8.I64 C42 2010
- Empowering the Beginning Teacher of Mathematics in Elementary School / edited by Michaele F. Chappell, Jane F. Schielack, Sharon Zagorski. Reston, VA. : National Council of Teachers of Mathematics, c2004.
QA135.6 .E47 2004
- Technical writing for teams : the STREAM tools handbook / Alexander Mamishev, Sean Williams. Piscataway, NJ : IEEE Press ; Hoboken, N.J. : John Wiley & Sons, c2010.
T11 .M3357 2010
- Fab : the coming revolution on your desktop–from personal computers to personal fabrication / Neil Gershenfeld. New York : Basic Books, c2005.
T174 .G476 2005
- Self-Reconfigurable Robots: An Introduction / Kasper Stoy, David Brandt, David J. Christensen. Cambridge, Mass. : MIT Press, c2010.
TJ211 .S794 2010
- Information Architecture: Blueprints for the Web / 2nd ed. / Christina Wodtke, Austin Govella. Indianapolis, Ind. : New Riders ; London : Pearson Education [distributor], c2009.
TK5105.888 .W638 2009
- The design of everyday things / Donald A. Norman. New York : Basic Books, 2002, c1988.
TS171.4 .N67 2002
PHILOSOPHY, PSYCHOLOGY, RELIGION
HISTORY OF THE AMERICAS
GEOGRAPHY, ANTHROPOLOGY, RECREATION
SOCIAL SCIENCES (includes business, commerce, economics, finance, sociology and criminology)
LANGUAGE AND LITERATURE