Books can be returned at the Library’s front desk or the USF bookdrop next to the motorcycle parking lot, just off the main entry way onto campus via Winter Lake Road. Books checked out at other USF libraries may be returned or renewed at the USF in Lakeland Library. This does not apply to InterLibrary loans (ILLs), reserves or media items.
Please note of the following guidelines regarding the USFL Library book drop in the parking lot.
- The book drop is for USF books only.
- The book drop is emptied once a day only, Monday through Friday, at approximately 9:30 AM. Items put in the drop box after that time will be checked in the library system the following day (or the next day the library is open in case of weekends and holidays). Take this in consideration if you are returning items near their due date.
- You can return books from all USF Libraries in the book drop – namely the USF in Lakeland Library, the Tampa Main Library, the St. Petersburg Poynter Library, the Sarasota\Manatee Cook Library, the Shimberg Health Sciences Library and the Louis de la Parte Florida Mental Health Institute Library.
- However, please return the following at the front desk, to avoid additional late fines and/or replacement fees due to damage:
- Videos, DVDs, CDs and all other non-book items
- Items on reserve
- Items received by InterLibrary loan (ILL)
- Non-standard size items like “big books” and “kits”
You are responsible for lost material replacement costs. To avoid additional fine accrual, immediately report lost materials to the Circulation Desk. Failure to return or renew overdue materials results in their being deemed “lost” and billed to you. Delinquent charges are sent to Accounts Receivable and must be paid at the Cashier’s Office or online in Oasis.