Here are the latest arrivals for the month of December. As always, Polytechnic titles are located in the New Books shelves in the back of the room. Reference and a/v are shelved immediately in their proper stacks. FIPR materials are shelved immediately in their proper stacks (although there are no new titles this month.) The books from the circulating collections of both libraries can be requested using the interlibrary loan system.
To note, we are continuing to receive titles from the Florida Mental Health Institute (FMHI) Library. And, a book chapter, titled “Computers and networks,” by our own Business Librarian Lisa Zilinski in new arrival Introduction to information science and technology (Z665.I665 2011).
- The International year book and statesmen’s who’s who / East Grinstead, West Sussex, England : Thomas Skinner Directories, c2012.
Reference — JA51.I57 2012
DVD and Audio
- Being digital / Abridged / Nicholas Negroponte, Read by Penn Jillette. New York : Random House Audiobooks, p1995.
Audio-Visual — TK5103.7.N447 1995
- Cultural studies : a critical introduction / Simon During. London ; New York : Routledge, 2005.
- Crime prevention, security and community safety using the 5Is framework / Paul Ekblom. Houndmills, Basingstoke ; New York, NY : Palgrave Macmillan, 2011.
- Encyclopedia of forensic science : a compendium of detective fact and fiction / Barbara Gardner Conklin, Robert Gardner, Dennis Shortelle. Westport, Conn. : Oryx Press, 2002.
- Colonial discourse and post-colonial theory : a reader / edited and introduced by Patrick Williams and Laura Chrisman. New York : Columbia University Press, c1994.
- Copyright for teachers & librarians in the 21st century / Rebecca P. Butler. New York : Neal-Schuman Publishers, c2011.
KF 2995.B885 2011
- Counseling strategies that work! : evidence-based interventions for school counselors / Richard D. Parsons. Boston : Pearson/Allyn and Bacon, c2007.
- Building your school’s capacity to implement RTI / Patricia Addison, Cynthia L. Warger. Alexandria, VA : ASCD, c2011.
- Active literacy across the curriculum : strategies for reading, writing, speaking, and listening / Heidi Hayes Jacobs. Larchmont, N.Y. : Eye On Education, c2006.
- How to plan rigorous instruction / Robyn R. Jackson. Alexandria, Virginia : ASCD, .
- Homelessness comes to school / Joseph Murphy, Kerri Tobin. Thousand Oaks, Calif. : Corwin, c2011.
- Implementing RTI with English learners / Douglas Fisher, Nancy Frey, Carol Rothenberg. Bloomington, IN : Solution Tree Press, c2011.
- English-as-a-second-language (ESL) teaching and learning : pre-K-12 classroom applications for students’ academic achievement and development / Virginia Gonzalez, Thomas Yawkey, Liliana Minaya-Rowe ; foreword by Josefina Villamil Tinajero. Boston : Pearson/Allyn and Bacon, c2006.
- The critical tradition : classic texts and contemporary trends / 3rd ed. / edited by David H. Richter. Boston : Bedford/St. Martin’s, c2007.
- Alzheimer’s disease and other dementias / Sonja. M. Lillrank ; consulting editor, Christine Collins ; foreword by Pat Levitt. New York : Chelsea House, c2007.
- Introduction to information science and technology / edited by Charles H. Davis and Debora Shaw. Medford, N.J. : Published for the American Society for Information Science and Technology by Information Today, c2011.
SOCIAL SCIENCES (includes business, commerce, economics, finance, sociology and criminology)
LANGUAGE AND LITERATURE
BIBLIOGRAPHY. LIBRARY SCIENCE. INFORMATION RESOURCES
- Statistical models in behavioral research / William K. Estes. Hillsdale, N.J. : L. Erlbaum Associates, 1991.
- Theory of psychological measurement / Edwin E. Ghiselli. New York, McGraw-Hill [c1964].
- Psychometric methods / J. P. Guilford. New York, McGraw-Hill, 1954.
- Handbook of multimethod measurement in psychology / edited by Michael Eid and Ed Diener. Washington, DC : American Psychological Association, c2006.
- Handbook of psychological assessment / edited by Gerald Goldstein, Michel Hersen. Elmsford, N.Y. : Pergamon Press, 1990.
- Principles of psychological measurement / G. C. Helmstadter. New York, Appleton-Century-Crofts .
- Handbook of mathematical psychology / edited by R. Duncan Luce, Robert R. Bush and Eugene Galanter. New York, Wiley [1963-65].
- Measurement, judgment, and decision making / edited by Michael H. Birnbaum. San Diego : Academic Press, c1998.
- Existential psychology / edited by Rollo May. New York, Random House .
- Existential psychology / 2nd ed. / edited by Rollo May. New York, Random House .
- Psychology at work / Edited by Peter B. Warr. Harmondsworth, Penguin, 1971.
- Steven’s handbook of experimental psychology / 2nd ed. / edited by Richard C. Atkinson. New York : Wiley, c1988.
BF181.S8 1988 v.1-2
- Experimental psychology / 2nd ed. / Benton J. Underwood. New York, Appleton-Century-Crofts .
- Experimentation in psychology / Benton J. Underwood, John J. Shaughnessy. New York : Wiley, .
- Dynamics of behavior / Robert Sessions Woodworth. New York, Holt [c1958].
- The token economy; a motivational system for therapy and rehabilitation / Teodoro Ayllon and Nathan Azrin. New York, Appleton-Century-Crofts .
- Behavioral analysis in business and industry; a total performance system / Dale M. Brethower. Kalamazoo, Behaviordelia, c1972.
- Motivation, a biological perspective / John L. Fuller. New York Random House .
- Functions of varied experience / Donald Winslow Fiske and Salvatore R. Maddi. Homewood, Ill., Dorsey Press, 1961.
- Age, learning ability, and intelligence / edited by Richard L. Sprott. New York : Van Nostrand Reinhold, c1980.
- The psychology of learning / 5th ed. / Stewart H. Hulse, Howard Egeth, James Deese. New York : McGraw-Hill, c1980.
- Conditioning and psychiatry / by Thomas A. Ban. Foreword by W. Horsley Gantt. Chicago, Aldine Pub. Co. .
- Hilgard and Marquis’ Conditioning and learning / 2nd ed. / Rev. by Gregory A. Kimble. New York, Appleton-Century-Crofts .
- Operant behavior; areas of research and application / edited by Werner K. Honig. New York, Appleton-Century-Crofts .
- Foundations of conditioning and learning / Edited by Gregory A. Kimble. New York, Appleton-Century-Crofts .
- Classical conditioning, a symposium / William Frederick Prokasy. New York, Appleton-Century-Crofts .
- Introduction to modern behaviorism / Howard Rachlin. San Francisco, W. H. Freeman .
- A primer of operant conditioning / G. S. Reynolds. [Glenview, Ill.] Scott, Foresman .
- Behavior theory and conditioning / by Kenneth W. Spence. Westport, Conn. : Greenwood Press, 1978, c1956.
- Aversive stimulation; [papers] / Edited by Marshall R. Jones. Coral Gables, Fla., University of Miami Press .
- Attention and human performance / Steven W. Keele. Pacific Palisades, Calif., Goodyear Pub. Co. .
- Vigilance and attention: a signal detection approach / Jane F. Mackworth. Harmondsworth, Penguin, 1970.
- Attitude, ego-involvement, and change / Edited by Carolyn W. Sherif and Muzafer Sherif. New York, Wiley .
- How to measure attitudes / Marlene E. Henerson, Lynn Lyons Morris, Carol Taylor Fitz-Gibbon. Beverly Hills, Calif. : Sage Publications, c1978.
- Curiosity and exploratory behavior / Harry Fowler. New York, Macmillan .
- Principles of behavior modification / Albert Bandura. New York, Holt, Rinehart and Winston .
- Readings in the psychology of adjustment / 2nd ed. / edited by Leon Gorlow and Walter Katkovsky. New York, McGraw-Hill [c1968].
- Adaptation-level theory; an experimental and systematic approach to behavior / Harry Helson. New York, Harper & Row .
- People in places : experiencing, using, and changing the built environment / Jay Farbstein and Min Kantrowitz. Englewood Cliffs, N.J. : Prentice-Hall, c1978.
- Judgment under uncertainty : heuristics and biases / edited by Daniel Kahneman, Paul Slovic, Amos Tversky. Cambridge ; New York : Cambridge University Press, c1982.
- Models of thought / Herbert A. Simon. New Haven : Yale University Press, 1979.
- Understanding decision making processes / A. Beenhaker, H.M. Schroder. [Tampa, Fla. : University of South Florida, College of Business Administration, 1978?].
- Approaches to thought / Edited by James F. Voss. Columbus, Ohio, C. E. Merrill Pub. Co. .
- Psycholinguistics / selected papers by Roger Brown. With Albert Gilman [and others]. New York, Free Press 1972 .
- A study of thinking / Jerome S. Bruner, Jacqueline J. Goodnow and George A. Austin. New York, Wiley .
- Thinking: current experimental studies / edited by Carl P. Duncan. Philadelphia, Lippincott .
- The art of clear thinking / by Rudolf Flesch. New York, Harper & Row .
- Mental models : towards a cognitive science of language, inference, and consciousness / P.N. Johnson-Laird. Cambridge, Mass. : Harvard University Press, 1983.
- Language and communication / George A. Miller. New York McGraw-Hill, 1951.
- Body language / Julius Fast. New York, M. Evans; distributed in association with Lippincott .
- Beyond words; an introduction to nonverbal communication / Randall Harrison. Englewood Cliffs, N.J., Prentice-Hall .
- Nonverbal communication in human interaction / Mark L. Knapp. New York : Holt, Rinehart and Winston, .
- Nonverbal communication in human interaction / 2nd ed. / Mark L. Knapp. New York : Holt, Rinehart and Winston, c1978.
- Moving bodies : nonverbal communication in social relationships / Marianne LaFrance, Clara Mayo. Monterey, Calif. : Brooks/Cole Pub. Co., c1978.
- Talking it out : a guide to effective communication and problem solving / Joseph M. Strayhorn, Jr. Champaign, Ill. : Research Press Co., c1977.
- Personality in adulthood / Robert R. McCrae, Paul T. Costa, Jr. New York : Guilford Press, c1990.
- Counseling and psychotherapy : an existential-humanistic view / 3rd ed. / Dugald S. Arbuckle. Boston : Allyn and Bacon, .
- Counseling and psychotherapy; classics on theories and issues / edited by Ben N. Ard, Jr. Palo, Alto, Calif., Science and Behavior Books [c1966].
- Counseling and psychotherapy : theoretical analyses and skills applications / Leroy G. Baruth, Charles H. Huber. Columbus : C.E. Merrill Pub. Co., c1985.
- Developmental counseling / Donald H. Blocher. New York, : Ronald Press Co., .
- Research in counseling: evaluation and refocus; [papers] / Edited by John M. Whiteley. Columbus, Ohio, C. E. Merrill Pub. Co. [1968, c1967].
- Motivation as related to personality / Dorothy Rethlingshafer. New York, McGraw-Hill .
- Understanding human motivation / Compiled and edited by Chalmers L. Stacey and Manfred F. DeMartino. Cleveland, World Pub. Co. [c1965].
- Motivation / edited by Richard C. Teevan. and Barry D. Smith. New York, McGraw-Hill .
- Human motivation / M. D. Vernon. London, Cambridge U.P., 1969.
- Instinctive behavior; the development of modern concept / Translated and edited by Claire H. Schiller. Introd. by Karl S. Lashley. Contributors: D. J. Kuenen [and others]. New York, International Universities Press .
- Birth to maturity, a study in psychological development / Jerome Kagan and Howard A. Moss. New York, Wiley .
- Life-span developmental psychology; research and theory / Edited by L. R. Goulet and Paul B. Baltes. New York, Academic Press, 1970.
- The nature and nurture of behavior, developmental psychobiology; readings from Scientific American / With introductions by William T. Greenough. San Francisco, W. H. Freeman .
- Psychological development through the life span / by Sidney L. Pressey and Raymond G. Kuhlen under the editorship of Gardner Murphy. New York, Harper .
- Ageing and human skill / by A. T. Welford. Westport, Conn., Greenwood Press [1973, c1958].
- Personality development from infancy to adulthood / Charles Wenar. Boston, Houghton Mifflin .
- Growing young / Ashley Montagu. [Granby], Mass. : Bergin & Garvey Publishers, 1989.
- Research in developmental psychology : concepts, strategies, methods / Thomas M. Achenbach. New York : Free Press, c1978.
- Life-span developmental psychology : introduction to research methods / Paul B. Baltes, Hayne W. Reese, John R. Nesselroade. Monterey, Calif. : Brooks/Cole Pub. Co., c1977.
- Theories of development : concepts and applications / 2nd ed. / William C. Crain. Englewood Cliffs, N.J. : Prentice-Hall, c1985.
- The life cycle completed : a review / Erik H. Erikson. New York : Norton, c1982.
- Toys and reasons : stages in the ritualization of experience / Erik H. Erikson. New York : Norton, c1977.
- The person, his and her development throughout the life cycle / Theodore Lidz. New York : Basic Books, c1976.
- Studies of psychosocial risk : the power of longitudinal data / edited by Michael Rutter. Cambridge [England] ; New York : Cambridge University Press, 1988.
- Human life cycle / edited by William C. Sze ; foreword by Theodore Lidz. New York : J. Aronson, c1975.
- Child psychology in contemporary society / John R. Dill. Boston : Holbrook Press, c1978.
- Children and adolescents : interpretive essays on Jean Piaget / 3rd ed. / David Elkind. New York : Oxford University Press, 1981.
- The ego and the mechanisms of defense / Anna Freud. New York, International Universities Press [1967, c1966].
- Human development, from birth through adolescence / Ira J. Gordon. New York, Harper .
- Teaching the gifted child / 2nd ed. / James J. Gallagher. Boston : Allyn and Bacon, .
- Education of the intellectually gifted / Milton J. Gold. Columbus, Ohio, C. E. Merrill Books .
- The enrichment triad model : a guide for developing defensible programs for the gifted and talented / Joseph S. Renzulli. Mansfield Center, Conn. : Creative Learning Press, c1977.
- The talented student; a validation of the creativity-intelligence distinction / Michael A. Wallach and Cliff W. Wing, Jr. New York, Holt, Rinehart and Winston .
- Educating gifted and talented learners / Donald F. Sellin and Jack W. Birch. Rockville, Md. : Aspen Systems Corp., 1980.
- Reversing underachievement among gifted black students : promising practices and programs / Donna Y. Ford. New York : Teachers College Press, c1996.
- The Annual of psychoanalysis, v.1, v.4-9 / New York, : International Universities Press.
RC500.A56 v.1 (1973), v.4 (1976)-v.7 (1979), v.9 (1981)
- The new nuts among the berries / Ronald M. Deutsch. Palo Alto, CA : Bull Pub. Co., c1977.
- Drug evaluations / prepared by the American Medical Association, Department of Drugs, Division of Drugs and Technology in cooperation with the American Society for Clinical Pharmacology and Therapeutics. Chicago, Ill. : American Medical Association, c1986.
- Applied experimental psychology; human factors in engineering design / New York, Wiley, 1949.
- New horizons for human factors in design / R. Dale Huchingson. New York : McGraw-Hill Book Co., c1981.
- Human factors in engineering and design / 5th ed. / Ernest J. McCormick, Mark S. Sanders. New York : McGraw-Hill, c1982.
- Human factors evaluation in system development / David Meister and Gerald F. Rabideau. New York, J. Wiley .
- Psychological principles in system development / Robert M. Gagné. New York, Holt, Rinehart and Winston .
PHILOSOPHY, PSYCHOLOGY, RELIGION