Here are the latest arrivals for the month of April. As always, Polytechnic titles are located in the New Books shelves in the back of the room. Reference is shelved immediately in their proper stacks. FIPR materials are shelved immediately in their proper stacks. The books from the circulating collections of both libraries can be requested using the interlibrary loan system.
To note, a new FIPR Institute publication is now available.
- CSG state directory. Directory I, Elective officials. Lexington, Ky. : Council of State Governments, c1998-2012.
Reference — JK2403.B6 Suppl.1 2012
- Witches! : the absolutely true tale of disaster in Salem / by Rosalyn Schanzer. Washington, D.C. : National Geographic Society, c2011.
- How they croaked : the awful ends of the awfully famous / 1st U.S. ed. / Georgia Bragg ; illustrated by Kevin O’Malley. New York : Walker & Co., 2011.
- Raggin’, jazzin’, rockin’ : a history of American musical instrument makers / 1st ed. / Susan VanHecke. Honesdale, Pa. : Boyds Mills Press, c2011.
- Dream something big : the story of the Watts Towers / by Dianna Hutts Aston ; collages by Susan L. Roth. New York : Dial Books for Young Readers, c2011.
- Diego Rivera : his world and ours / Duncan Tonatiuh. New York : Abrams Books for Young Readers, 2011.
- Balloons over Broadway : the true story of the puppeteer of Macy’s Parade / written and illustrated by Melissa Sweet. Boston, MA : Houghton Mifflin Books for Children, c2011.
- Little treasures : endearments from around the world / words by Jacqueline K. Ogburn ; pictures by Chris Raschka. Boston : Houghton Mifflin Books for Children, 2011.
- The Great Migration : journey to the North / 1st ed. / by Eloise Greenfield ; illustrated by Jan Spivey Gilchrist. New York : Amistad, c2011.
- Lemonade, and other poems squeezed from a single word / 1st ed. / by Bob Raczka ; illustrated by Nancy Doniger. New York : Roaring Brook Press, 2011.
- Queen of hearts / 1st American ed. / Martha Brooks. New York : Farrar Straus Giroux, 2011.
- Soldier bear / written by Bibi Dumon Tak ; illustrated by Philip Hopman ; translated by Laura Watkinson. Grand Rapids, Mich. : Eerdmans Books for Young Readers, c2011.
- Dead end in Norvelt / 1st ed. / Jack Gantos. New York : Farrar Straus Giroux, c2011.
- Junonia / 1st ed. / Kevin Henkes. New York : Greenwillow Books, c2011.
- Stones for my father / Trilby Kent. Toronto : Tundra Books, c2011.
- These hands / written by Margaret H. Mason ; illustrated by Floyd Cooper. Boston : Houghton Mifflin Books for Children : Houghton Mifflin Harcourt, c2010.
- Under the mesquite / 1st ed. / Guadalupe Garcia McCall. New York : Lee & Low Books, c2011.
- Me—Jane / 1st ed. / Patrick McDonnell. New York : Little, Brown and Co., 2011.
- A ball for Daisy / 1st ed. / Chris Raschka. New York : Schwartz & Wade Books, c2011.
- Tales for very picky eaters / Josh Schneider. New York : Clarion Books, 2011.
- The lily pond / 1st American ed. / Annika Thor ; translated from the Swedish by Linda Schenck. New York : Delacorte Press, c2011.
- Migrant / Maxine Trottier ; pictures by Isabelle Arsenault. Toronto : Groundwood Books, 2011.
- Harry & Hopper / 1st U.S. ed. / Margaret Wild ; [illustrations by] Freya Blackwood. New York : Feiwel and Friends, 2011.
- Breaking Stalin’s nose / 1st ed. / written and illustrated by Eugene Yelchin. New York : Henry Holt, 2011.
- Space, stars, and the beginning of time : what the Hubble telescope saw / Elaine Scott. Boston [Mass.] : Clarion Books, 2011.
- Bring on the birds / 1st ed. / written and illustrated by Susan Stockdale. Atlanta : Peachtree, c2011.
- Over and under the snow / by Kate Messner ; with art by Christopher Silas Neal. San Francisco : Chronicle Books, c2011.
- The mangrove tree : planting trees to feed families / 1st ed. / by Susan L. Roth & Cindy Trumbore ; collages by Susan L. Roth. New York : Lee & Low Books, 2011.
FIPR Institute Library (1855 W. Main St., Bartow, hours 8:30-5, M-F)
- FIPR Publications
Removal of dolomite from phosphate pebble concentrate by enhanced jigging / Kawatra SK, Eisele TC, Carlson JT. Bartow (FL): Florida Industrial and Phosphate Research Institute, 2012.
FIPR Institute Publication No. 02-181-242.