Here are the latest arrivals for the month of February. As always, Polytechnic titles are located in the New Books shelves in the back of the room. Reference and Faculty Publications are shelved immediately in their proper stacks. FIPR materials are shelved immediately in their proper stacks. The books from the circulating collections of both libraries can be requested using the interlibrary loan system.
To note, we received a copy a book co-authored by Dr. Vanessa Pitts Bannister, Curriculum-based activities and resources for preservice math teachers. As well, a new report published by the FIPR Institute, Remote Real-Time Analyses of Phosphate by Michael Gaft and Regis Stana.
Special Collections – Faculty Publications
- Curriculum-based activities and resources for preservice math teachers / edited by Gwendolyn M. Lloyd, Vanessa R. Pitts Bannister. Reston, VA : National Council of Teachers of Mathematics, c2011.
Special Collections – Faculty Publications — QA10.5.L436 2011
- Florida statistical abstract. Gainesville : University of Florida Press, 1967-2011.
Reference — HA311.F55 2011
- The elements of power : lessons on leadership and influence / Terry R. Bacon. New York : AMACOM American Management Association, c2011.
- Work’s intimacy / Melissa Gregg. Cambridge, UK ; Malden, MA : Polity Press, 2011.
- The globalization paradox : democracy and the future of the world economy / Dani Rodrik. New York : W. W. Norton & Co., c2011.
- Not just China : the rise of recalls in the age of global business / 1st ed. / Hari Bapuji. New York : Palgrave Macmillan, 2011.
- Finance : the basics / 2nd ed. / Erik Banks. New York, NY : Routledge, 2011.
- Financial institutions and markets : the financial crisis–an early retrospective / 1st ed. / edited by Robert R. Bliss and George G. Kaufman. New York : Palgrave Macmillan, 2010.
- Debtor nation : the history of America in red ink / Louis Hyman. Princeton, NJ : Princeton University Press, c2011.
- Guns, germs, and steel : the fates of human societies / Jared Diamond ; [with a new afterword about the modern world]. New York : Norton, 1999.
- The digital divide : arguments for and against Facebook, Google, texting, and the age of social networking / edited and introduced by Mark Bauerlein. New York : Jeremy P. Tarcher/Penguin, c2011.
- Alone together : why we expect more from technology and less from each other / Sherry Turkle. New York : Basic Books, c2011.
- What women want : the global marketplace turns female-friendly / 1st Simon & Schuster trade pbk. ed. / Paco Underhill. New York : Simon & Schuster Paperbacks, 2011, c2010.
- Search warrant law deskbook / John M. Burkoff. [Eagen, MN} : West, 2011.
KF9630.B87 1987 v.1-v.2
- Picturing the uncertain world : how to understand, communicate, and control uncertainty through graphical display / Howard Wainer. Princeton : Princeton University Press, c2009.
- The Copernican revolution : planetary astronomy in the development of Western thought / [Rev. ed.] / Thomas S. Kuhn. Cambridge, Mass. : Harvard University Press, c1985, 1957.
- Bigger, better, best! / 1st ed. / by Stuart J. Murphy ; illustrated by Marsha Winborn. New York : HarperCollins Publishers, c2002.
- Applied multivariate analysis / [by] John E. Overall [and] C. James Klett. New York, McGraw-Hill [1971, c1972].
- Single subject research : strategies for evaluating change / edited by Thomas R. Kratochwill. New York : Academic Press, 1978.
- Foundations of behavioral research; educational and psychological inquiry / Fred N. Kerlinger. New York, Holt, Rinehart and Winston .
- Understanding psychological research : the student researcher’s handbook / Miriam Lewin. New York : Wiley, c1979.
- Longitudinal research in the study of behavior and development / edited by John R. Nesselroade, Paul B. Baltes. New York : Academic Press, c1979.
- Psychological research : the inside story / edited by Michael H. Siegel, H. Philip Zeigler. New York : Harper & Row, c1976.
- Research methods in clinical psychology / [edited by] Alan S. Bellack, Michel Hersen. New York : Pergamon Press, .
- History of psychology and psychiatry / A. A. Roback / New York, Philosophical Library .
- History of psychology; a source book in systematic psychology / Edited by William S. Sahakian. Itasca, Ill., F. E. Peacock Publishers .
- A history of experimental psychology / Edwin G. Boring / New York, London, The Century co. [c1929].
- Gestalt psychology : an introduction to new concepts in modern psychology / by Wolfgang Köhler. New York, NY : Liveright, c1947.
- Principles of perceptual learning and development / Eleanor J. Gibson. New York, Appleton-Century-Crofts .
- Handbook of learning and cognitive processes / edited by W. K. Estes. Hillsdale, N.J. : L. Erlbaum Associates ; New York : distributed by the Halsted Press Division of Wiley, 1975.
BF311.H334 1975 v.2
- Cognitive development, its cultural and social foundations / A. R. Luria ; translated by Martin Lopez-Morillas and Lynn Solotaroff ; edited by Michael Cole. Cambridge, Mass. : Harvard University Press, 1976.
- New mind, new body; bio-feedback: new directions for the mind / 1st ed. / [by] Barbara B. Brown. New York, Harper & Row .
- Operant learning; procedures for changing behavior / Jon L. Williams. Monterey, Calif., Brooks/Cole Pub. Co. .
- The psychology of stereotyping / David J. Schneider. New York : Guilford Press, c2004.
- How to measure attitudes / 2nd ed. / Marlene E. Henerson, Lynn Lyons Morris, Carol Taylor Fitz-Gibbon. Newbury Park, Calif. : Sage Publications, c1987, 1988 printing.
- Intelligence applied : understanding and increasing your intellectual skills / Robert J. Sternberg ; under the general editorship of Jerome Kagan. San Diego : Harcourt Brace Jovanovich, c1986.
- Psychological processes in pattern recognition / Stephen K. Reed. New York, Academic Press, 1973.
- Verbal behavior and general behavior theory / Edited by Theodore R. Dixon [and] David L. Horton. Englewood Cliffs, N.J., Prentice-Hall .
- Stress and fatigue in human performance / edited by Robert Hockey. Chichester ; New York : Wiley, c1983.
- Affect, cognition, and personality / Edited by Silvan S. Tomkins. New York Springer Pub. Co. .
- Human aggression / [1st American ed.] / by Anthony Storr. New York, Atheneum, 1968.
- Assertion training / Sherwin B. Cotler & Julio J. Guerra. Champaign, Ill. : Research Press, c1976, 1978 printing.
- The assertive option : your rights & responsibilities / Patricia Jakubowski, Arthur J. Lange. Champaign, Ill. : Research Press Co., c1978.
- Responsible assertive behavior : cognitive/behavioral procedures for trainers / Arthur J. Lange, Patricia Jakubowski ; with a chapter by Thomas V. McGovern. Champaign, Ill. : Research Press, c1976.
- Living beyond loss : death in the family / 1st ed. / edited by Froma Walsh and Monica McGoldrick. New York : Norton, 1991.
- Empathy and its development / edited by Nancy Eisenberg and Janet Strayer. Cambridge ; New York : Cambridge University Press, 1987.
- The meaning of anxiety / Rollo May. New York, Ronald Press Co. .
- Flow : the psychology of optimal experience / 1st ed. / Mihaly Csikszentmihalyi. New York : Harper & Row, c1990.
- Prejudice : the target’s perspective / edited by Janet K. Swim, Charles Stangor. San Diego : Academic Press, c1998.
- Stress and emotion : a new synthesis / Richard S. Lazarus. New York : Springer Pub. Co., c1999.
- Stress and coping : an anthology / 3rd ed. / edited by Alan Monat and Richard S. Lazarus. New York : Columbia University Press, c1991.
- Gestures, their origins and distribution / Desmond Morris … [et al.]. New York : Stein and Day, 1979.
- Psychology and the problems of society / Editors: Frances F. Korten, Stuart W. Cook [and] John I. Lacey. Washington : American Psychological Association, .
- Methodological and conceptual issues in applied behavior analysis : 1968-1988 from the Journal of applied behavior analysis / ad hoc editors : Brian A. Iwata … [et al.]. [United States] : Society for the Experimental Analysis of Behavior, 1989.
- Theory of motivation / 2d ed. / Robert C. Bolles. New York : Harper & Row, .
- Personal causation; the internal effective determinants of behavior / Richard DeCharms. New York, Academic Press, 1968.
- Motivation and personality / 2d ed. / [by] Abraham H. Maslow. New York, Harper & Row .
- Theories of motivation in personality and social psychology: an enduring problem in psychology. Selected readings / edited by Richard C. Teevan and Robert C. Birney. Princeton, N.J., Van Nostrand .
- Personality / 2nd ed. / Richard S. Lazarus. Englewood Cliffs, N.J., Prentice-Hall .
- Personality theories; a comparative analysis / Salvatore R. Maddi. Homewood, Ill., Dorsey Press, 1968.
- Cognitive assessment / edited by Thomas V. Merluzzi, Carol R. Glass, and Myles Genest. New York : Guilford Press, c1981.
- The developmental resource : behavioral sequences for assessment and program planning / Marilyn A. Cohen and Pamela J. Gross, with contributions by Lynnette Chandler ; ill. by Kathleen E. Anderson. New York : Grune & Stratton, c1979.
BF721.C566 1979 v.1-2
- Understanding children; behavior, motives, and thought / Jerome Kagan. New York, Harcourt Brace Jovanovich .
- The psycho-analysis of children / Rev. ed. / Melanie Klein ; authorized translation by Alix Strachey ; rev. in collaboration with Alix Strachey by H. A. Thorner. [New York] : Delacorte Press/S. Lawrence, 1975.
- Adolescent anger control : cognitive-behavioral techniques / Eva L. Feindler, Randolph B. Ecton. New York : Pergamon Press, 1986.
- Adulthood : essays / 1st ed. / by Erik H. Erikson et al. ; edited by Erik H. Erikson. New York : Norton, c1978.
- Explorations in information space : knowledge, agents, and organization / Max H. Boisot, Ian C. MacMillan, and Kyeong Seok Han. Oxford ; New York : Oxford University Press, 2007.
- The Corporation of the 1990s : information technology and organizational transformation / edited by Michael S. Scott Morton. New York : Oxford University Press, 1991.
- Knowledge management in practice : connections and context / edited by T. Kanti Srikantaiah and Michael E.D. Koenig. Medford, N.J. : Information Today, c2008.
- IT governance : how top performers manage IT decision rights for superior results / Peter Weill and Jeanne Ross. Boston : Harvard Business School Press, c2004.
- Discovering common ground : how future search conferences bring people together to achieve breakthrough innovation, empowerment, shared vision, and collaborative action / 1st ed. / Marvin R. Weisbord and 35 international co-authors. San Francisco : Berrett-Koehler, 1992.
- Why didn’t you say that in the first place? : how to be understood at work / 1st paperback ed. / Richard Heyman. San Francisco : Jossey-Bass, 1997, c1994.
- Qualitative methods in management research / Evert Gummesson. Newbury Park, Calif. : Sage Publications, c1991.
- Qualitative methods in organizational research : a practical guide / edited by Catherine Cassell and Gillian Symon. London ; Thousand Oaks : Sage, 1994.
- Creating high-tech teams : practical guidance on work performance and technology / 1st ed. / edited by Clint Bowers, Eduardo Salas, and Florian Jentsch. Washington, DC : American Psychological Association, c2006.
- Working across boundaries : making collaboration work in government and nonprofit organizations / 1st ed. / Russell M. Linden. San Francisco, Calif. : Jossey-Bass, 2002.
- Theory Z : how American business can meet the Japanese challenge / William G. Ouchi. Reading, Mass. : Addison-Wesley, c1981.
- You are welcome : activities to promote self-esteem and resilience in children from a diverse community, including asylum seekers and refugees / Pamela Allen, Ben Harper and Jay Rowell. [Bristol] : Lucky Duck, 2004.
PHILOSOPHY, PSYCHOLOGY, RELIGION
- Learning to say good-by : when a parent dies / Eda LeShan ; illustrated by Paul Giovanopoulos. New York : Macmillan, c1976.
FIPR Institute Library (1855 W. Main St., Bartow, hours 8:30-5, M-F)
REPORTS, PROCEEDINGS & GOVERNMENT PUBLICATIONS
- Remote Real-Time Analyses of Phosphate / Michael Gaft and Regis Stana. Bartow, FL: FIPR Institute. February 2012.
FIPR 04-075-241 2012
- Naturally Occurring Radioactive Material (NORM VI): Proceedings of an International Symposium.
Marrakesh, Morocco, 22-26 March 2010. Vienna: International Atomic Energy Agency. 2011.
IAEA STI-PUB-1497 2011
- Report on Pre- and Post-Phosphate Mining: Radiological Measurements / Bureau of Radiation Control, State of Florida Department of Health. [Tallahassee, Fla.] : Dept. of Health, Bureau of Radiation Control.
FL-HRS 94-780 1994 REF
FL-HRS 01-781 2001 REF
FL-HRS 03-782 2003 REF
FL-HRS 08-783 2008 REF
- Forty Years of Uranium Resources, Production and Demand in Perspective: The Red Book Retrospective / OECD 2006. Paris, France: Nuclear Energy Agency, Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development. 2006.
HD9539.U7 F67 2006
- Environmental Protection: Transfer Parameters for Reference Animals and Plants / P. Strand, et al. / ICRP Publication 114. International Commission on Radiological Protection. Oxford, UK: Elsevier. 2011.
RA1231.R2 I2 no.114 2011
- Loads and Fate of Fertilizer-Derived Uranium / Luit J. De Kok and Ewald Schnug (editors). Leiden, The Netherlands: Backhuys Publishers; Weikersheim, Germany: Margraf Publishers. 2008.
TD195.U7 L63 2008
- Radioactivity Concentrations in Food and the Environment / Michael Poschl and Leo M.L. Nollet (editors). Boca Raton, FL: CRC/Taylor & Francis. 2007.
TD196.R3 R33 2007
- Radioactivity in the Terrestrial Environment / G. Shaw (editor). Amsterdam; Boston: Elsevier. 2008.
TD196.R3 R333 2007