The Florida Book Awards announced the winners for eight categories of books published in 2011.
- Gold: Margaret Cardillo and Julia Denos, Just Being Audrey (HarperCollins/Balzer + Bray)
- Silver: Marianne Berkes, Over in Australia: Amazing Animals Down Under (Dawn Publications)
- Bronze: Angela DiTerlizzi, Say What? (Beach Lane Books)
- Gold: William McKeen, Mile Marker Zero (Crown)
- Silver: Virginia Lynn Moylan, Zora Neale Hurston’s Final Decade (University Press of Florida)
- Bronze: Martin A. Dyckman, Reubin O’D. Askew and the Golden Age of Florida Politics (University Press of Florida)
- Gold: Lynne Barrett, Magpies (Carnegie Mellon University Press)
- Silver: Elizabeth Stuckey-French, The Revenge of the Radioactive Lady (Doubleday)
- Bronze: Caren Umbarger, Coming To: A Midwestern Tale (Create-Space)
- Gold: Stephen Kampa, Cracks in the Invisible (Ohio University Press)
- Silver: David Kirby, Talking about Movies with Jesus (Louisiana State University Press)
- Bronze: Gianna Russo, MoonFlower (Kitsune Books)
- Gold: Ward Larsen, Fly By Night (Oceanview Publishing)
- Silver: David Hagberg, ABYSS (Macmillan)
- Bronze: Senator Bob Graham, Keys to the Kingdom (Vanguard Press)
- Gold: Jerald T. Milanich and Nina J. Root, Hidden Seminoles: Julian Dimock’s Historic Florida Photographs (University Press of Florida)
- Gold: Ryan G. Van Cleave, Unlocked (Walker Books for Young Readers)
- Silver: Jessica Martinez, Virtuosity (Simon & Schuster/Simon Pulse)
- Bronze: Alex Flinn, Cloaked (HarperCollins/Harper Teen)
No Awards given this year.
The Florida Book Awards program was established in 2006 to recognize, honor, and celebrate the best Florida literature published the previous year. It is coordinated by The Florida State University Libraries, and co-sponsored by the Florida Library Association, Florida Center for the Book, State Library and Archives of Florida, Florida Historical Society, Florida Humanities Council, Florida Literary Arts Coalition, “Just Read, Florida!,” Florida Family Literacy Initiative, Florida Association for Media in Education, Florida Center for the Literary Arts, the Friends of FSU Libraries, Florida Chapter of the Mystery Writers of America, and the Florida Writers Association.