Borrowing & Circulation Policies
Patrons must present a current USF ID. Your USF ID card is accepted as a library card at the following locations:
- USF in Lakeland Library
- Florida Industrial and Phosphate Research Institute Library (Bartow);
- Tampa Library, including Media Resources;
- Hinks and Elaine Shimberg Health Sciences Library (Tampa);
- Florida Mental Health Institute Library (Tampa);
- Poynter Library (St. Petersburg);
- Jane Bancroft Cook Library (Sarasota);
- Polk State College Library;+
- University of Tampa Library (Tampa); *
- Saint Leo University Cannon Library (St.Leo); *
- Any State University Library in Florida according to their specific policies;+
- Any State Community College or State College Library in Florida according to their specific policies.+
* You must bring a copy of your current registration in order to check out materials at these libraries.
+ Extra time may be needed to verify your current enrollment and set an account.
A proxy card allows another individual to check out items on your USF Polytechnic Library account. This can be especially helpful when you (the sponsor) are personally unable to visit the Library but where the other individual (the proxy) can obtain the item in your place. For instance, a USF faculty member may want to obtain a proxy card for their graduate assistant.
The sponsor is responsible for all transactions of the proxy. Any charges incurred by the proxy will be billed to the sponsor. All notices of late, overdue and lost items will be sent to the sponsor. To request a proxy card, the sponsor must complete the proxy card application form available at the Library’s front desk. You can also request it by email at Lakeland_Library@usf.edu
Why doesn’t my Library ID Number work?
Library ID Numbers are reactivated each term. New ID cards must be registered through the Circulation Department. If you have a USFCard or Library Card and the number isn’t working, email email@example.com with the following information:
Your 14 digit Library ID number
Your birth month and day (ex. April 3)
Your mailing address
Your email address
If it is more convenient, you can visit or call the USF library Circulation Department nearest you:
USF in Lakeland Library Circulation: (863) 667-7817
Tampa Library Circulation: (813) 974-1611
Sarasota/Manatee Library Circulation: (941) 359-4305
St. Petersburg (Poynter) Library Circulation: (727) 873-4405