Ask a Librarian
The Library offers reference and research assistance. This includes answering factual reference questions and assistance in researching a topic, using the library or information sources, and obtaining materials not available in the USF Libraries system. There are six ways to get reference or research assistance.
- Ask a reference librarian
The USF in Lakeland librarians are available to help you with your information needs. The librarians’ offices are located in LTB 1115.
- Phone a reference librarian
Phone-in reference assistance for brief or factual questions is available during regular business hours. You can reach a librarian at (863) 667-7817.
- Ask-a-Librarian E-mail reference form
Use our online Reference Question Form to submit your reference question. The USF in Lakeland librarians will acknowledge your inquiry within 48 hours and respond via e-mail as soon as possible. The length of time needed to provide a response will depend upon the complexity of your question.
- Schedule a “Research One-on-One” Appointment
This individual assistance provides uninterrupted time for assistance with your research, class paper, thesis, dissertation, or basic library research skills. This appointment can take place face-to-face or virtually via Elluminate. To schedule an appointment contact the Library at (863) 667-7817.
- By chat – during the day and evening, you can chat real-time with a librarian for quick, factual questions. Please note that you may be communicating with a librarian that does not work at your local library and does not have access to your personal library records.
Chat service hours:
Sunday – Thursday: 10 AM to Midnight
Friday – Saturday: 10 AM to 5 PM
- Text a librarian for quick, factual questions. Text (863) 662-6776 and include LKL at the beginning of your message. The service is free of charge, but standard text messaging rates do apply.