Internal Undergraduate Research Experiences
Many research mentors do not advertise their available positions, and most one-one-one mentored research experiences result from direct communication between a potential mentor and student. Working through the OUR Tiers of Engagement will help you identify UR resources and will empower you to develop a research project and be prepared to effectively network with a potential mentor.
The OUR is committed to assisting students throughout the research experience. Students who attend a Getting Started Workshop and actively engage with the OUR will gain the following benefits:
- Undergraduate research training and professional development
- OUR and library staff support
- Enrollment in the Undergraduate Research Interest Group Blackboard organization
- Priority notification about internal undergraduate research opportunities
- Priority notification about OUR sponsored undergraduate research opportunities
- Priority notification about special OUR events
- Individual consultation with OUR staff including help with contacting potential research mentors
- Training and assistance with applications for external research experiences
- Priority use of the OUR computer lab
The OUR is here to support you as you navigate the research process. We invite you to visit the OUR and learn more about how you can gain a competitive advantage and transform your future through undergraduate research.