CREATTE stands for Creating Research Experiences and Activities Through Teaching Enhancement. The CREATTE program is sponsored by the Office for Undergraduate Research and is intended to provide students an authentic research experience within a course.
CREATTE Undergraduate Researchers:
- Develop or work from a defined research question
- Work individually or with other students to apply defined methods of inquiry relevant to the project/discipline to produce original findings/products
- Present the findings/products to peers and professionals in informal (i.e. course setting) and formal (i.e. UR Colloquium) venues
The ability to engage in an authentic research experience through a course is a unique opportunity that is being offered in only a select number of courses each semester. The advantage to enrolling in a CREATTE course and becoming a CREATTE Undergraduate Researcher is that you will:
- Produce an original piece of research that can demonstrate your competency in the discipline and has the potential to stimulate additional ideas and be submitted for publication
- Receive research mentorship from faculty and graduate students
- Gain research experience that you can represent on your resume
- Work with a small cohort of peers and develop life-long relationships
- Enroll in a 0-credit undergraduate research course so that the experience will track on your transcript
Presenting Your Research:
CREATTE Undergraduate Researchers also have the opportunity to present their research findings at the annual OUR sponsored USF Undergraduate Research and Arts Colloquium. The colloquium provides a venue for undergraduate students in all disciplines to present their current research and receive feedback from research mentors and peers. CREATTE Researchers may also present at national or international conferences.
NOTE: Multiple sections of the courses listed below may be offered each semester. Prior to registering for a course be sure to consult the course instructor listed below to determine if it is a CREATTE course.
|SPRING 2014 CREATTE Courses|
|Course #||Course Name||Course Level||Dept/Instructor|
|TPP 3580 sec 001||Special Skills in Movement||Elective||Theatre & Dance/D. Granke|
|BSC 4933 Sec 019||Epigenetics||Upper Level Majors||Integrative Biology/ C. Richards|
|PSY 4931 Sec 005||Child&Adol Social Dev||Upper Level Majors||Psychology/ T. Ojanen|
|HUM 2210 Sec 001||Studies in Culture||General Education||Humanities/ D’Emilio|
|PHC 3302 Sec 311||Intro to Enviro/Occ Health||Elective||Public Health/ Bourgeois|
|HSC 4933 Sec 321||Principles of Toxicology||Elective||Public Health/ Bourgeois|
|PHC 3320 Sec 310||Enviro Health Science||Elective||Public Health/ Bourgeois||IDH 3340 Sec 003||Natural Science Honors||Upper Level Majors||Honors College/ Bishop|
|SYA 4930 sec 002||Gendered Bodies Over Life Course||Elective||Sociology/E. Toothman|