Tutors are responsible for assisting students’ academic success in selected coursework. Tutors must possess and demonstrate academic achievement in their selected courses. Duties include individual and/or group study sessions, attendance at scheduled tutor training sessions, and assisting other staff when requested.
- USF undergraduate or graduate student
- Minimum Cumulative GPA of 3.25
- Minimum GPA of 3.5 in the subject areas to be tutored
- Excellent communication skills, attention to detail, and subject knowledge required
- Firm desire to help other students succeed
- Clear Articulation in English
- At least a 2nd Year Student
Hours per Week
Tutors work from 10 to 20 hours per week depending on availability.
$9 – $10 per hour depending on experience
We are currently accepting applications for math, sciences, and statistics tutoring positions.
- Complete the application.
- Print the course list and mark courses you may be qualified to tutor
- Print a copy of your current transcript with your most recent grades
- Bring all three to the Tutoring Center, LIB 206, and wait to be contacted for an interview.